3 CROWNS OF BISCAY
Three days of intense and challenging climbing, delightful gastronomy and maximum comfort
Discover Bilbao and its surrounding area, riding guided by local ex-professional athletes.
Take on the challenge to climb three iconic peaks of the Basque Country. Their extreme difficulty is only matched by the beauty of their scenery.
Relax after the ride, thanks to the daily care of an experienced physiotherapist.
Enjoy the most exclusive Basque culinary experience, savouring the typical Basque cuisine in top Bilbao’s restaurants and delight in the tasting menu of an award- winning Michelin star restaurant.
Go on a private tour of the ultimate modern art museum, the Guggenheim Bilbao Museum.
Stage 1 – Orduña climb.
We set off from Bilbao along the Olabeaga cycle path, heading towards Zorroza. We take the Encartaciones road to Sodupe. Then we take the Okendo road, a curved false flat towards Amurrio and we arrive at Orduña.
We climb its mythical mountain, enjoying the spectacular views throughout the 8km of its tough slopes, reaching 14% gradients.
We coast along heading for Peña Angulo and we branch off towards Retes through a spectacular valley until we get to Okendo. We then connect with Sodupe and we go back to Bilbao
Stage 2 – Sollube climb.
We leave Bilbao and go along the estuary heading for Asua. From there we climb Lauro, the first gentle slope to warm up, and then we descend to Mungia. From there we climb Sollube, an ascent of 7.5Km with gradients of up to 12%. We go on a quiet back road as we descend, which will take us back to Busturia.
There we climb Paresi, a short but hard ascent with a gradient of as much as 17%, which takes us to the village of Arrieta. We take a back road again to descend to Olabarri. We go up Morga, we go down to Larrabetzu and we coast along to Erletxes.
Then we head back to Bilbao going up the Vivero to reach Mount Artxanda, where we will enjoy the best views of Bilbao. We descend through Enekuri to reach Bilbao to round off a day full of challenges and wonderful views.
Stage 3 – Urkiola climb.
We set off from Bilbao, go along the estuary heading towards Asua. Then we take the Txorierri until we get to Larrabetzu. We climb another slope of Morga, and then go down Gerekiz heading for Gernika.
We climb Mendata, a prolonged slope, arriving at Biscay´s Balcony/Urrutxu. After a few kilometres coasting along we hook up with the descent of Monte Calvo that takes us to Durango.
And from here we climb the ascent up to Urkiola the hardest mountain of the whole trip, but also the most beautiful and the one that has the richest history. It is 6 Km without a break, with an average gradient of 9.13% and a maximum gradient of 14%.
From the top we coast along for a few kilometres to then tackle the descent of Dima, one of the longest in the region with 11 Kilometres non-stop of fantastic scenery. Then we take the road to Igorre, we branch off heading for Artea, arriving at Zeanuri and then finally Bilbao.
- Accommodation in the 4-star Boutique Hotel Miró located in front of the Guggenheim Museum.
- Transfer to and from the airport in a private van.
- Breakfast made on the spot, The Brown Bread Bag at the Hotel Miró.
- Lunches on the road, including fresh products, drinks, and healthy snacks.
- Dinners at well-known restaurants in Bilbao, which include an impeccable selection of wines, beer and other drinks.
- A dinner at the award winning one-star Michelin Mina restaurant.
Bike and Gear
- Well-known professional bicycle brand.
- Welcome kit, including a Bizi Cycle Tours jersey and a water bottle.
- A bilingual guide (English-Spanish) with lots of experience and knowledge of the area. Our guides are ex-professional athletes.
- There is always a support van available to provide technical assistance, refreshments, and transportation for any part of the route that you don’t want to cycle through.
- Daily massage from a professional physiotherapist.
- Daily laundry for cycling gear.
- Daily bicycle cleaning.
- Guided tour of the Guggenheim Bilbao museum.
- Personalised photo album of the tour.
- Flight tickets to and from Bilbao.
- Other activities not included in the package and not organized by Bizi Cycle Tours.
- Accommodation before and after the end of the tour.
- Personal shopping during the tour.
Minimum 6 people – Maximum 12 people.
TREK Émonda SL 6 Disc
This bicycle can deal with the toughest mountains, the steepest descents, the tightest curves and the fastest sprints.
The hydraulic disc brakes have great breaking power and control regardless of the type of road and the weather conditions.
Just like the other Émondas, it is designed to be the lightest and fastest in its category.
BH Core Gravelx Carbon 2.6
So lightweight, that you won’t believe that it’s an e-bike. Its frame is made of carbon, with the technology used in the frames of BH’s high-end road bike range.
This bike has a significant autonomy (165Km and up to 220Km) thanks to a combination of low motor consumption and a 540Wh battery.
The Core display is fully integrated into the stem and it features a button that allows you to increase or reduce the assistance level, through an LED colour system.
Make your pre-reservation, check specific tour date availabilty or ask for additional information filling the following questionnaire.