TOUR DE FRANCE REVIVAL WEEKEND
Take part in TOUR DE FRANCE REVIVAL WEEKEND and enjoy a weekend cycling around Bilbao and its surroundings.
- Race the first stage of the Tour de France 2023 on any of the three routes: 125km, 157km or 185km.
- The event will be designed with Tour De France structures and you will go through the same roads and passes that the professionals rode to live a unique experience and feel the Tour in your legs.
- Discover Bilbao and its surroundings by bike with the help of local guides who are ex-professional athletes.
- Enjoy the most select Basque gastronomic experience, savouring typical Basque dishes in the city’s leading restaurants.
- Take a private guided tour of the modern art museum par excellence, the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao.
- Arrival in Bilbao and transfer from the airport to the hotel by private vehicle.
- Welcome and reception by the Bizi Cycle Tours team at the Miró Hotel, located in front of the Guggenheim Museum.
- Briefing of the program for the weekend, bike tour and participation in l’ Étape Bilbao by Tour de France.
- Delivery of the welcome kit: Bizi Cycle Tours water bottle.
- Dinner at a well-known restaurant in the city.
- Breakfast at the Miró Bilbao hotel.
- Equipment set up before starting the route.
- Cycling outing: Bilbao Route – Warm up
- A support van will always be available to provide technical assistance and snacks, as well as transportation through any section of the route if you do not wish to continue cycling.
- Snacks en route, including fresh produce, drinks and healthy snacks.
- Private visit to the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao.
- Dinner at a renowned restaurant in Bilbao.
Stage 1 – Warm up.
Today’s stage will be a first contact with the city. Leaving the center, we will access the Artxanda mountain, one of the most emblematic places of Bilbao, from where we will enjoy the best views of the city.
Walking around Artxanda, we will descend to the Vivero, a popular picnic area among the locals. From there, we will head towards the Txorierri, where we will be able to see first hand the transformation of a quiet valley into an important industrial area of the metropolitan area of the city.
We will drive through some inland villages such as Larrabetxu, Lezama, Zamudio, Derio, Sondika until we reach Asúa. We will then take the road along the estuary to return to Bilbao, from where we will be able to observe the industrial past of the city, before passing through the historic neighborhood of Deusto, where one of the most prestigious universities in Spain is located, as well as iconic places such as the Tiger building, by the famous Biscayan architect Pedro Ispizua.
Entering the city by the Euskalduna Bridge, we will border the Doña Casilda Park, popularly known as the Duck Park, to finish at the Guggenheim, the famous modern art museum designed by the renowned architect Frank Gehry.
- Breakfast at the Miró Bilbao hotel.
- Equipment set-up before the start of the route.
- Participation in l’Étape Bilbao by Tour de France.
- Snacks en route, including fresh products, drinks and healthy snacks.
- Transfer to Bilbao airport in a private vehicle.
Coming up soon
AVAILABLE ALL YEAROn Demand | Please request your suitable tour dates
- 2 nights accommodation in a shared double room at Boutique Hotel Miró, 4-star category, located in front of the Guggenheim Museum (single room option with additional charge).
- Transfer to and from Bilbao airport by private van.
- Breakfast prepared on the spot at Hotel Miró.
- Snacks en route, including fresh and healthy products and drinks.
- Two dinners at renowned restaurants in the city.
- Welcome kit: Bizi Cycle Tours water bottle.
- High-end, limited edition race jersey.
- A bilingual guide (English-Spanish) with a lot of experience and knowledge of the environment. Our guides include former professional athletes.
- A support van that is always available to provide technical assistance and snacks, as well as transportation through any section of the route if you do not wish to continue pedaling.
- Daily cleaning of the bike.
- Registration for the race.
- A professional photo album of the race.
- Private guided tour of the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao.
- Bike rental.
- Plane tickets to and from Bilbao.
- Other activities not included in the package and not organized by Bizi Cycle Tours.
- Lodging before and after the end of the tour.
- Personal items purchased during the tour.
- Private guided tour of Bilbao.
- Private guided visit to San Mamés stadium.
- Visit to the Crusoe Treasure underwater cellar.
- Boat trip from Getxo.
- Shopping with Virginia Berasategui.
Min. 4 people. Check group rates with us.
Hotel Miró Bilbao 4*
This boutique hotel is located opposite the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao. Rooms at the Hotel Miró feature minimalist-style decoration. The bathroom includes Molton Brown toiletries, bathrobes and slippers. Free mineral water is provided.
A buffet breakfast with selected local products is served.The hotel has a well-equipped gym. In the immediate vicinity there are numerous traditional Basque restaurants. The historic center is a 5-minute walk away.
BICYCLES FOR RENT
TREK Émonda SL 6 Disc
This bike is capable of tackling the toughest passes, steepest descents, tightest corners and fastest sprints.
Hydraulic disc brakes offer great stopping power and control regardless of road and weather conditions.
Like the other Émonda, it is designed to be the lightest and fastest in its class.
BH Core Gravelx Carbon 2.6
So light, you’ll think it’s not an electric bike. Its frame is built in carbon with the technology used in the high-end road frames of BH.
It has a high capacity battery with a long range (165 – 220Kms) thanks to a combination of low motor consumption and a 540Wh battery.
The Core display is fully integrated into the stem and incorporates a button that allows you to raise or lower the level of assistance, through a system of colored LEDs.
Make your pre-reservation, check specific tour date availabilty or ask for additional information filling the following questionnaire.