Participate in the GRAN FONDO BIBE TRANSBIZKAIA and enjoy a weekend of luxury cycling in Bilbao and surroundings.
- Ride a long or middle distance race, the BIBE TRANSBIZKAIA, with a preferential start and an exclusive area for the group at the finish line.
- Discover Bilbao and its surroundings by bike with the help of local guides, former professional athletes.
- Enjoy the most select Basque gastronomic experience, tasting typical Basque dishes in the most renowned restaurants in the city.
- Take a private guided tour of the modern art museum par excellence, the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao.
- Arrival in Bilbao and transfer from the airport to the hotel by private vehicle.
- Welcome and reception by the Bizi Cycle Tours team at the Miró Hotel, located in front of the Guggenheim Museum.
- Briefing of the program for the weekend, bike tour and participation in the BIBE Transbizkaia.
- Delivery of the welcome kit: Bizi Cycle Tours jersey and water bottle.
- Dinner at a well-known restaurant in the city.
- Breakfast at the Miró Bilbao hotel.
- Equipment set up before starting the route.
- Cycling outing: Bilbao Route – Warm up
- A support van will always be available to provide technical assistance and snacks, as well as transportation through any section of the route if you do not wish to continue cycling.
- Snacks en route, including fresh produce, drinks and healthy snacks.
- Private visit to the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao.
- Dinner at a renowned restaurant in Bilbao.
Stage 1 – Warm up.
Today’s stage will be a first contact with the city. Leaving the center, we will access the Artxanda mountain, one of the most emblematic places of Bilbao, from where we will enjoy the best views of the city.
Walking around Artxanda, we will descend to the Vivero, a popular picnic area among the locals. From there, we will head towards the Txorierri, where we will be able to see first hand the transformation of a quiet valley into an important industrial area of the metropolitan area of the city.
We will drive through some inland villages such as Larrabetxu, Lezama, Zamudio, Derio, Sondika until we reach Asúa. We will then take the road along the estuary to return to Bilbao, from where we will be able to observe the industrial past of the city, before passing through the historic neighborhood of Deusto, where one of the most prestigious universities in Spain is located, as well as iconic places such as the Tiger building, by the famous Biscayan architect Pedro Ispizua.
Entering the city by the Euskalduna Bridge, we will border the Doña Casilda Park, popularly known as the Duck Park, to finish at the Guggenheim, the famous modern art museum designed by the renowned architect Frank Gehry.
- Breakfast at the Miró Bilbao hotel.
- Equipment set-up before starting the route.
- Transfer to the start of the Gran Fondo BIBE TRANSBIZKAIA race.
- Participation in the Gran Fondo BIBE TRANSBIZKAIA race.
- Snacks on route, including fresh products, drinks and healthy snacks.
- Transfer to Bilbao airport in private vehicle.
Stage 2: BIBE TRANSBIZKAIA: long or middle distance race
The 5th long distance BIBE Transbizkaia and its middle distance will be held on Sunday June 4, 2023. A date on which BIBE is also dressed in yellow as a nod to the visit of the Tour de France to Bizkaia in 2023. An international event in which professional cyclists will pedal on the most emblematic asphalt in the history of Basque cycling, with kilometer points that could coincide with part of the route of the long distance BIBE Transbizkaia.
The long distance BIBE Transbizkaia offers two routes:
- Long distance: 179 Km. | 3550 m/d+ | 8 climbs
- Middle distance: 122 Km. | 2.500 m/d+ | 6 climbs
1,700 cyclists took part in 2019 in the fourth edition of the event and now, after a long wait, many already have in mind the ‘5th long distance BIBE Transbizkaia’, which is confirmed as one of the great events of the calendar with its more than suggestive formats and a luxury finish under the finish arch of Urkiola.
The organization will plan during both routes a total of 7 refreshment points, small rest areas where to recover energies to face this great challenge.
- 2 nights accommodation in a shared double room at Boutique Hotel Miró, 4-star category, located in front of the Guggenheim Museum (single room option with additional charge).
- Transfer to and from Bilbao airport by private van.
- Breakfast prepared on the spot at Hotel Miró.
- Snacks en route, including fresh and healthy produce and drinks.
- Two dinners at renowned restaurants in the city.
- Professional bike of recognized brand.
- Welcome kit, including a Bizi Cycle Tours jersey and water bottle.
- High-end, limited edition race jersey.
- A bilingual guide (English-Spanish) with a lot of experience and knowledge of the environment. Our guides include former professional athletes.
- A support van that is always available to provide technical assistance and snacks, as well as transportation through any section of the route if you do not wish to continue pedaling.
- Daily cleaning of the bike.
- Registration in the BIBE Transbizkaia race.
- Preferential place at the start.
- A professional photo album of the race.
- Photocall with professional riders.
- Exclusive area for the group at the finish
- Private guided tour of the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao.
- Plane tickets to and from Bilbao.
- Other activities not included in the package and not organized by Bizi Cycle Tours.
- Lodging before and after the end of the tour.
- Personal items purchased during the tour.
- Private guided tour of Bilbao.
- Private guided visit to San Mamés stadium.
- Visit to the Crusoe Treasure underwater cellar.
- Boat trip from Getxo.
- Shopping with Virginia Berasategui.
Min. 4 people. Check group rates with us.
TREK Émonda SL 6 Disc
This bike is capable of tackling the toughest passes, steepest descents, tightest corners and fastest sprints.
Hydraulic disc brakes offer great stopping power and control regardless of road and weather conditions.
Like the other Émonda, it is designed to be the lightest and fastest in its class.
BH Core Gravelx Carbon 2.6
So light, you’ll think it’s not an electric bike. Its frame is built in carbon with the technology used in the high-end road frames of BH.
It has a high capacity battery with a long range (165 – 220Kms) thanks to a combination of low motor consumption and a 540Wh battery.
The Core display is fully integrated into the stem and incorporates a button that allows you to raise or lower the level of assistance, through a system of colored LEDs.
Make your pre-reservation, check specific tour date availabilty or ask for additional information filling the following questionnaire.