TOUR DE FRANCE REVIVAL
Come and relive the first stages of the Tour de France 2023, discover the Basque Country by bike, its landscapes, wineries and its famous gastronomy.
- Cycle through several sections of the three stages of the Tour de France with local ex-professional cyclists.
- Discover places where the race passes through such as Bilbao, San Sebastian or San Juan de Gaztelugatxe.
- Bilbao, the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao and the spectacular transformation of the city.
- The Basque coast and its traditional fishing culture.
- Gernika, soul of the Basque culture.
- The Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve and some of the most beautiful beaches: Laga and Laida.
- San Sebastian and the spectacular bay of La Concha.
- The local gastronomy: pintxos route and the best restaurants.
- Visit to the txakoli winery Bodegas Berroja and its breathtaking views.
Welcome to Bilbao! The Bizi Cycle Tours team will welcome you at the hotel in Bilbao.
Today we will take a first bike tour, riding part of the first stage of the Tour de France 2023. You will see first hand the industrial reconversion of Bilbao into a modern service city. We will cycle along its iconic estuary, the cliffs of Getxo and its magnificent coastline until we reach the bay of Plentzia, a spectacular natural setting.
This afternoon you will enjoy a guided visit of one of the most spectacular modern art museums in the world, the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, before ending the day with a delicious dinner in a typical Basque restaurant.
- Today’s ride: Option 1: 27km / Option 2: 56km
- Elevation: Option 1: 307 m/ Option 2: 546m
- Hotel: Hotel 4* Bilbao
- Included meals: Dinner in typical Basque restaurant in Bilbao
Today we will cycle through the heart of Bizkaia to ride part of the first stage of the Tour. We will cycle along the coast of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, emblematic islet where the famous series Game of Thrones was filmed.
After enjoying its beautiful villages and cliffs, we will return to the city. To regain strength, in the evening we will enjoy a delicious dinner in a typical Bilbao restaurant.
- Today’s ride: Option 1: 51km / Option 2: 85km
- Elevation: Option 1: 1022m / Option 2: 1768m
- Hotel: Hotel 4* Bilbao
- Included meals: Buffet breakfast, light lunch en route & dinner at a typical Basque restaurant in Bilbao
Today we will ride another part of the route of the first stage. Have you heard about Gernika and its importance for the Basque culture? This morning we will depart from Mundaka, a town known worldwide among surf lovers, and we will border the impressive Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve, as well as some of the most spectacular beaches and sandy areas of Bizkaia.
We will taste the best txakoli from the spectacular Berroja Winery with a snack of typical local products. Back in Bilbao you will enjoy the atmosphere of the city, its modern architecture and the always lively old town.
- Today’s ride: Option 1: 60km / Option 2: 108km
- Elevation: Option 1: 974m / Option 2: 1869m
- Hotel: Hotel 4* Bilbao
- Included meals: Buffet breakfast and lunch (pintxos + wine tasting) at Berroja Winery
Today in the morning we will drive to San Sebastian, known as “the pearl of the Bay of Biscay”. We will cycle the last kilometers of the second stage of the Tour de France. On the way, we will have lunch with Iñigo Lavado, a renowned local chef who has been passionate about cycling since he was a child. We will arrive in San Sebastian in time to enjoy the rest of the afternoon.
You can stroll along the spectacular Concha Bay, get lost in the old town, swim in its spectacular beaches and enjoy the magnificent gastronomy of the city.
- Today’s ride: Option 1: 46km / Option 2: 66km
- Elevation: Option 1: 859m / Option 2: 1259m
- Hotel: Arima Hotel & Spa 4*
- Included meals: Buffet breakfast & light lunch at Iñigo Lavado Restaurant
Today we will discover on two wheels the impressive Basque coast while we ride part of the third stage of the Tour de France. We will pass through emblematic villages of our fishing culture such as Getaria, Zarautz, Orio or Zumaia.
To say goodbye to this incredible experience, tonight we will go on a pintxos route through some of the most emblematic bars of the city. We will taste the famous Gipuzkoan cider, and some of the most appreciated wines of the area such as txakoli or Rioja Alavesa reds.
- Today’s ride: Option 1: 47km / Option 2: 90km
- Elevation: Option 1: 1016m / Option 2: 1715m
- Hotel: Arima Hotel & Spa 4*
- Included meals: Buffet breakfast, light lunch en route & dinner (pintxos route in San Sebastian)
Every great adventure comes to an end – we look forward to seeing you soon!
- Five nights’ accommodation in shared double rooms in 4* category hotels (option of single room with additional charge).
- Five buffet breakfasts at the hotel.
- Three light lunches en route, including fresh products, drinks, healthy snacks.
- A lunch including pintxos and Txakoli tasting in Bodegas Berroja.
- Two dinners in renowned restaurants in Bilbao, including a careful selection of wines, beers and other beverages.
- A pintxos tour in the old part of San Sebastian.
- Welcome kit, including a Bizi Cycle Tours jersey and water bottle.
- A bilingual guide (English-Spanish) with a lot of experience and knowledge of the environment. Our guides include former professional athletes.
- A support van that will always be available to provide technical assistance and snacks, as well as transportation through any section of the route if you do not wish to continue pedaling.
- Daily cleaning of the bike.
- Five bike rides through sections of the first three stages of the Tour de France 2023.
- Visit to Bodegas Berroja with Txakoli tasting and pintxos included.
- Private guided visit to the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao.
- A personalized photo album of the tour.
- Bike rental (Trek Émonda SL 6 Disc: 275€ / BH Core Gravelx Carbon 2.6: 325€)
- Plane tickets to and from Bilbao.
- Transfers from/to the airport.
- Other activities not included in the package and not organized by Bizi Cycle Tours.
- Lodging before and after the end of the tour.
- Personal items purchased during the tour.
Minimum 6 people, maximum 12.
For smaller groups, ask for rates.
Hotel Catalonia Bilbao 4* (or similar)
Opened in 2021, it is located in the heart of Bilbao, in front of Doña Casilda Park and very close to the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao and the Euskalduna Conference Center.
It is located on Gran Vía Don Diego López de Haro, an elegant and stately avenue with the best stores in the city and a wide range of bars and restaurants.
It has an outdoor swimming pool and terrace, urban garden and wellness and spa area.
Arima Hotel & Spa 4* (or similar)
4-star superior luxury boutique hotel that is part of Small Luxury Hotels, the leading seal of luxury boutique hotels in the world. Located 20 minutes from the center of San Sebastian, in front of the Miramon forest, located in a green and quiet environment that invites you to rest and relax while allowing you to enjoy the hustle and bustle of the city. A building with soul and spirit, sustainable by nature.
It has a fully equipped fitness area and a large Spa with a water area, infrared saunas and a halotherapy room. It also has multiple treatment rooms for massages and beauty rituals.
BIKES TO RENT
TREK Émonda SL 6 Disc
This bicycle can deal with the toughest mountains, the steepest descents, the tightest curves and the fastest sprints.
The hydraulic disc brakes have great breaking power and control regardless of the type of road and the weather conditions.
Just like the other Émondas, it is designed to be the lightest and fastest in its category.
BH Core Gravelx Carbon 2.6
So lightweight, that you won’t believe that it’s an e-bike. Its frame is made of carbon, with the technology used in the frames of BH’s high-end road bike range.
This bike has a significant autonomy (165Km and up to 220Km) thanks to a combination of low motor consumption and a 540Wh battery.
The Core display is fully integrated into the stem and it features a button that allows you to increase or reduce the assistance level, through an LED colour system.