BILBAO BIKE FOODIE
Ride with us on a luxury day, enjoying Bilbao and its surroundings, paired with local gastronomy & culture
Discover Bilbao and its surrounding area riding with local ex-professional athletes, who will take you on the most hidden cycling routes, where you will admire the most amazing scenery.
Cycle along the Basque coast, be amazed by the spectacular views of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe (Game of Thrones), the cliffs of Getxo and its characteristic Flysch.
Enjoy the most exclusive Basque culinary experience, savouring typical Basque food and wine in a reference restaurant in the city.
Stage: Bilbao – San Juan de Gaztelugatxe (94Km)
Leaving Bilbao along the estuary, after a first gentle climb to warm up, we will pass through some beautiful villages in the interior of Bizkaia.
We will take a backroad to Markaida and then to Larrauri, where spectacular palaces were built. From there we will take a detour to Bakio, a privileged summer resort, surrounded by beaches, cliffs, coves and promenades.
We will continue along the coastal route that goes through Jata, which will allow us to enjoy spectacular views of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, a protected biotope, which will soon captivate us with its dazzling landscape in the middle of the sea. Its spectacular beauty led it to be chosen as a filming location for the famous TV series, Game of Thrones.
We will continue along the coast to head towards a surprising place, the Lemoniz nuclear power plant, which was never put into operation, to reach the beautiful fishing village of Armintza. From there we will continue pedaling towards Plentzia, a coastal town with beautiful beaches.
With the estuary as a central element and the beach as a tourist attraction, Plentzia is a pleasant and cozy coastal town located about 25 kilometers from Bilbao, in a beautiful bay overlooking the sea. It is one of the most demanded localities by the Biscayans themselves to enjoy the summer season.
Finally we will return to Bilbao along the coast, passing by the impressive cliffs of Barrika, Getxo, Las Arenas and the estuary, showing its industrial past and learning first hand the model of reconversion of a city that is being studied all over the world.
AVAILABLE ALL YEAROn Demand | Please request your suitable tour dates
- Healthy snacks and isotonic drinks.
- Lunch at a well-known restaurant in Bilbao.
Bikes and Gear
- Well-known professional bicycle brand.
- Welcome kit: Bizi Cycle Tours’ water bottle.
- A bilingual guide (English-Spanish) with lots of experience and knowledge of the area. Our guides are ex-professional athletes.
- *** FROM 4 PEOPLE: A support van available to provide technical assistance, refreshments, and transportation for any part of the route that you don’t want to cycle through.
- Personalised photo album of the tour.
- Flight tickets to and from Bilbao.
- Other activities not included in the package and not organized by Bizi Cycle Tours.
- Accommodation before and after the end of the tour.
- Personal shopping during the tour.
- Support vehicle throughout the tour (Mercedes V Class).
- Lunch or dinner in first class restaurants.
- Private guided tour of Bilbao
- Private guided visit to the Guggenheim Museum.
- Private guided tour of the San Mamés stadium.
- Visit to the Crusoe Treasure underwater winery.
- Boat trip from Getxo.
- Shopping with Virginia Berasategui.
Minimum 2 people.
Check with us for group rates.
TREK Émonda SL 6 Disc
This bicycle can deal with the toughest mountains, the steepest descents, the tightest curves and the fastest sprints.
The hydraulic disc brakes have great breaking power and control regardless of the type of road and the weather conditions.
Just like the other Émondas, it is designed to be the lightest and fastest in its category.
BH Core Gravelx Carbon 2.6
So lightweight, that you won’t believe that it’s an e-bike. Its frame is made of carbon, with the technology used in the frames of BH’s high-end road bike range.
This bike has a significant autonomy (165Km and up to 220Km) thanks to a combination of low motor consumption and a 540Wh battery.
The Core display is fully integrated into the stem and it features a button that allows you to increase or reduce the assistance level, through an LED colour system.
Make your pre-reservation, check specific tour date availabilty or ask for additional information filling the following questionnaire.