BILBAO PEDAL & PAMPER
Ride with us on a luxury day, enjoying Bilbao and its surroundings, paired with local culture
Discover Bilbao and its surrounding area riding with local ex-professional athletes, who will take you on the most hidden cycling routes, where you will admire the most amazing scenery.
Enjoy a route to the heart of the westernmost region of Bizkaia, the Encartaciones and its capital, the medieval town of Balmaseda.
Regain strength after the route with a massage performed by a professional physiotherapist.
Stage: Bilbao – Encartaciones (77Km)
Leaving from Bilbao, this route will take us into the westernmost region of Bizkaia, the Encartaciones. A natural environment that extends to the west between valleys, peaks and forests and an infinite tangle of roads and more than two hundred caves.
We will enjoy a quiet road overflowing with nature to Gueñes. Its botanical garden, Arenatzarte, a public space dedicated to avant-garde art, will surprise you.
Today two passes await us: the Humaran pass, pleasant and long, which prepares you for the Bezi pass, short but intense, a good challenge before crossing the historic town of Balmaseda.
The first town founded in Bizkaia in the 12th century, it is located in a narrow gorge bathed by the waters of the river Kadagua. A medieval bridge spans its waters and protects the old town, full of churches, mansions and stately homes, where events are held as its unique medieval market or the famous Stations of the Cross at Easter, starring the villagers.
Famous for its putxeras, pots where the train drivers of the train that crossed the town at the end of the 19th century, with the heat of the engines and the steam itself, cooked the daily stew, here we will make our stop to regain strength before returning to Bilbao.
AVAILABLE ALL YEAROn Demand | Please request your suitable tour dates
- Healthy snacks and isotonic drinks.
Bikes and Gear
- Well-known professional bicycle brand.
- Welcome kit: Bizi Cycle Tours water bottle.
- A bilingual guide (English-Spanish) with lots of experience and knowledge of the area. Our guides are ex-professional athletes.
- *** FROM 4 PEOPLE: A support van available to provide technical assistance, refreshments, and transportation for any part of the route that you don’t want to cycle through.
- A massage performed by a professional physiotherapist.
- Personalised photo album of the tour.
- Flight tickets to and from Bilbao.
- Other activities not included in the package and not organized by Bizi Cycle Tours.
- Accommodation before and after the end of the tour.
- Personal shopping during the tour.
- Support vehicle throughout the tour (Mercedes V Class).
- Lunch or dinner in first class restaurants.
- Private guided tour of Bilbao.
- Private guided visit to the Guggenheim Museum.
- Private guided tour of the San Mamés stadium.
- Visit to the Crusoe Treasure underwater winery.
- Boat trip from Getxo.
- Shopping with Virginia Berasategui.
Minimum 2 people.
Check with us for group rates.
TREK Émonda SL 6 Disc
This bicycle can deal with the toughest mountains, the steepest descents, the tightest curves and the fastest sprints.
The hydraulic disc brakes have great breaking power and control regardless of the type of road and the weather conditions.
Just like the other Émondas, it is designed to be the lightest and fastest in its category.
BH Core Gravelx Carbon 2.6
So lightweight, that you won’t believe that it’s an e-bike. Its frame is made of carbon, with the technology used in the frames of BH’s high-end road bike range.
This bike has a significant autonomy (165Km and up to 220Km) thanks to a combination of low motor consumption and a 540Wh battery.
The Core display is fully integrated into the stem and it features a button that allows you to increase or reduce the assistance level, through an LED colour system.
Make your pre-reservation, check specific tour date availabilty or ask for additional information filling the following questionnaire.