BILBAO RAW BIKE
Ride with us on a luxury day, enjoying Bilbao and its surroundings & culture
Discover Bilbao and its surrounding area riding with local ex-professional athletes, who will take you on the most hidden cycling routes, where you will admire the most amazing scenery.
Enjoy a route to the heart of Basque culture, Gernika.
Cycle through the Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve and the stunning beaches of Laga and Laida.
Stage: Bilbao – Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve (120Km)
Leaving Bilbao through its iconic estuary we will head to Asua. After a first gentle climb to warm up, we will descend to Mungia, a small town surrounded by mountains and a multitude of farmhouses, some of them built between the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
We will continue flat to Gerekiz, a pass of 2 km of ascent. A fast and fun descent of 6 km will lead us to Gernika, world famous for the bombing suffered during the Spanish Civil War, the famous painting of Pablo Picasso and symbol of Basque culture.
From here we will cycle to the Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve, passing by some of the most beautiful beaches of the Biscayan coast: Laga, undoubtedly one of the most photographed beaches of the Basque Country, and Laida, an impressive dynamic sandy beach whose strong tides in winter change its appearance every year. Urdaibai, famous for its beauty, is a protected nature reserve with breathtaking views.
We will continue again towards Gernika, ascend Errigoiti, a 5 km long pass, and then gradually return to the imposing medieval castle of Butrón. Located in Gatika, for over three hundred years, since the sixteenth century, the castle was the scene of continuous and bloody battles between two sides of the nobility of Bizkaia. The lords of Butrón, who took refuge in the castle, exercised their power over the territory.
To finish this beautiful stage, we will ascend to Unbe and end the tour in Bilbao.
AVAILABLE ALL YEAROn Demand | Please request your suitable tour dates
- Healthy snacks and isotonic drinks.
Bikes and Gear
- Well-known professional bicycle brand.
- Welcome kit: Bizi Cycle Tours water bottle.
- A bilingual guide (English-Spanish) with lots of experience and knowledge of the area. Our guides are ex-professional athletes.
- *** FROM 4 PEOPLE: A support van available to provide technical assistance, refreshments, and transportation for any part of the route that you don’t want to cycle through.
- Personalised photo album of the tour.
- Flight tickets to and from Bilbao.
- Other activities not included in the package and not organized by Bizi Cycle Tours.
- Accommodation before and after the end of the tour.
- Personal shopping during the tour.
- Support vehicle throughout the tour (Mercedes V Class).
- Lunch or dinner in first class restaurants.
- Private guided tour of Bilbao.
- Private guided visit to the Guggenheim Museum.
- Private guided tour of the San Mamés stadium.
- Visit to the Crusoe Treasure underwater winery.
- Boat trip from Getxo.
- Shopping with Virginia Berasategui.
Minimum 2 people.
Check with us for group rates.
TREK Émonda SL 6 Disc
This bicycle can deal with the toughest mountains, the steepest descents, the tightest curves and the fastest sprints.
The hydraulic disc brakes have great breaking power and control regardless of the type of road and the weather conditions.
Just like the other Émondas, it is designed to be the lightest and fastest in its category.
BH Core Gravelx Carbon 2.6
So lightweight, that you won’t believe that it’s an e-bike. Its frame is made of carbon, with the technology used in the frames of BH’s high-end road bike range.
This bike has a significant autonomy (165Km and up to 220Km) thanks to a combination of low motor consumption and a 540Wh battery.
The Core display is fully integrated into the stem and it features a button that allows you to increase or reduce the assistance level, through an LED colour system.
Make your pre-reservation, check specific tour date availabilty or ask for additional information filling the following questionnaire.